Finding the Wisdom of the Crone

In this society that seems to value material possessions, youth and physical beauty, a woman over forty must work to find her voice, her heart, her spirit. It's time to change that. All it takes is one woman to change how she sees herself. All it takes is one woman to pass that love of self and her life onto another one. That is all it takes. I'll go first.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Getting Outside

How does an apartment dweller living on a busy street get out into nature?

I had a plan today and I did it.
I had invested $10 in one of those easy-carry collapsible chairs, keeping it in my car for whenever I would need it. I first used it a the May Pow-wow at the Lenape Museum - it was so comfortable that I was able to stay several hours with hurting my back or legs.

So today I decided that if the rains held off, I would find a spot outside to take chair and book. I had to drive to find such a relaxing spot but I found it - the Ground Hog Lock of the Canal along the Delaware River.

I set up the chair under a tree where I had a wide view of the river. I got out my book, read and listened to the birds. I also heard the picnickers nearby (I think they were Italian) and motorcycles zooming by on Route 611. But still it was a lot better than sitting on a patio next to Greenwood Ave.

Next Sunday I may walk further down the canal to more a secluded spot. I may even do a spell (without candles, of course) along the river.

There are ways and places to be outside in nature- even for someone who lives in an apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home