Finding the Wisdom of the Crone

In this society that seems to value material possessions, youth and physical beauty, a woman over forty must work to find her voice, her heart, her spirit. It's time to change that. All it takes is one woman to change how she sees herself. All it takes is one woman to pass that love of self and her life onto another one. That is all it takes. I'll go first.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Caregiver

My daughter - when she was younger and at times, still
My mother-in-law - when she was dying of cancer
My fiance - while he was waiting for a heart transplant
My mother - when she was dying of cancer
My father - when he was alone after my mother's death and with him when he died
My ex-husband - recuperating from quadruple bypass surgery

And countless patients, clients and residents.

Many roles in life: women, daughter,wife, mother, daughter-in-law, lover, friend - nurse

And the one that really marked me as a caregiver for life - the first one.
Women are the matrix of society - we hold it all together.
I operate, exist, live daily from that center of strength - knowing that there are many of my "sisters" out there living the same life of giving, loving and being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home