Finding the Wisdom of the Crone

In this society that seems to value material possessions, youth and physical beauty, a woman over forty must work to find her voice, her heart, her spirit. It's time to change that. All it takes is one woman to change how she sees herself. All it takes is one woman to pass that love of self and her life onto another one. That is all it takes. I'll go first.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Leap of Faith

I'm doing something today that I thought I would never do - I'm applying for a job outside of my "chosen" profession.

I really didn't chose nursing - nursing education was inexpensive in the 1960s - it was what our family could afford and it gave me a career for almost 40 years.

But I'm tired and I want to move on.

Leaving the security of a job that I do well and that will always be there to try for something completely different (I am just applying with no guarantees) - that alone is a leap of faith for this crone.

I will let you know what happens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home