Finding the Wisdom of the Crone

In this society that seems to value material possessions, youth and physical beauty, a woman over forty must work to find her voice, her heart, her spirit. It's time to change that. All it takes is one woman to change how she sees herself. All it takes is one woman to pass that love of self and her life onto another one. That is all it takes. I'll go first.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

I hate it when I'm right . . .

. . .especially about this. Today NASA announced the grounding of the Space Shuttles. There has been a problem with debris flying off and hitting the shuttle's undercarriage - again. This, of course, was the cause of the destruction of Shuttle Columbia two years ago as it re-entered Earth's atmosphere - costing the lives of the astronauts and NASA's reputation.

I knew there would be a repeat of that - flying debris upon take-off. I knew because I "saw" it - like a movie in my mind while listening to a report about the coming flight - days before the actual take-off.

Now is this a pyschic phenomena or merely a pessimistic thought process? I'm not sure. I only know that I saw a debris problem and "felt" that there would be difficult consequences. I did not see this shuttle breaking up like Columbia - just felt an overwhelming saddness.

I am not one of NASA's critics. Far from it. I've always been a champion of space exploration. Actually I've felt we should approach exploring space the way we did World War II - and see if the economy would increase as a result.

But we, as a country, have not invested the resources into any type of scientific exploration like we should. Our precious natural resources, including our children, are being sacrificed in other arenas.

And so, if I'm dreadfully right, and something dire happens to this mission, if we lose another set of astronauts, we may never return to space.

Too bad we don't hold the same view of war.

Why are soldiers more expendable than astronauts?
Why can we "waste" billions on decimating a country, but not on scientific knowledge?

Why am I looking for Spock's logic where no logic exists?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo Butler said...

Mitzi, Beloved One,
I am right way too often. I, too, have seen and felt the truth. I knew that Dick Cheney is a demon who hates all life and freedom. Now we find that he had a death squad, answerable only to him, per Pultizer-prize winner Seymour Hersh. The Cassandra syndrome has insanity as the end result of being right. Let's find healing in knowing and sharing to those who will listen. Maybe the art of being Cassandra (and being right) is staying sane and continuing to speak what we know. With love and blessings, Jo

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home